Ninth day

Today, one of us was absent, so things were a little slower than usual.

We started to design a structure to test x and y axis stability of the quad, we want something similar to this:

Objetives for this term have been settled.

PCB board was  retouched with some ferric chloride and pierced after that. Hopefully, soldering will start next time.

As we have two motors per batterie, we decided to connect the ESC’s in  parallel (i.e. same voltage, half current), still thinking about the best way of making this connection.

Finally, freeIMU arduino library and freeIMU processing sketches were installed, the sensor (freeIMU MS 3.5) was connected to an Arduino Mega 2560 via I2C, everything seemed to be allright but we were about to run into major problems (see videos):

As you can see in the second video, there is something really wrong with the digital compass, for the moment we can only guess what’s happening, but it seems that the problem is in the magnetometer.

More to come in the next week.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s